Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Analysis worksheet

Analyse your work throughout your sketchbooks, artist research and evaluations, using the following words. Include ALL of them at least once in your sketchbook and again in your evaluation - Tick them off.

Almost all of your artist research should have a response in your sketchbook.

Research at least 5 designers/artists per project.

Within photoshop I have explored (explan what effect it has)
Layers, Transparency
Experimental
Printing
Resaloution
Brightness/contrast
Colour
I have selected this typeface because
colour
letterform/shape
scale
tone of voice
appeals to my target audience
weight of text
use of uppercase/lower case etc…..
I have laid out my work in this way because…
contrast
negative space
typography
layering
hierarchy
scale
line
shape
aesthetics
format
rule of 3rds
balance
cropping
eWere they suitable typefaces? Could it feed into an outcome?
I have used this language in my strap line because…
Target audience
tone (humour, serious, guilt, emotions)
suits the brand values
has this meaning, conveys this idea etc.
Within my photo shoots this shot has considered
lighting
angles
perspective
depth of field
location
studio
camera quality
model styling
props
emotion
overall look and feel. Was it suitable?
It has this meaning, conveys this idea by…
Within the colour in this piece I have focussed on
saturation
tonal value
contrast
block colour
texture etc.
Was it suitable colour? Could it feed into an outcome?
Within this visual response I have considered
tonal value
materials
experimentation
scale
mark making
depth
energy
movement.
Were they suitable materials? Could it feed into an outcome?
It has this meaning, conveys this idea by… etc.
I have used this concept as it
appeals to a certain audience (playful, thought provoking),
tells a story/narrative,
a viewer associates,
nostalgic,
relevant,
engaging etc.
COMPARE SOME OF YOUR CONCEPTS WITH EACHOTHER AND OTHER DESIGNERS WORK. Explain how different ideas can work within a concept. Lynx campaigns have the concept of being attractive to girls but are visualised through many different ideas.

I was inspired by *Designer/Artist name*
use of composition (rule of 3rds, balance, cropping etc)
colour
layering
juxtaposition
tone of voice
mark making
scale
concept
depth etc.
I have utilised this in my own work here by…..etc (compare designer and artist work to your own work at least 5 times throughout a project.) Is their style suitable to your own work? Could it feed into an outcome?



No comments:

Post a Comment